Joseph S. Surgent, 31, Killed and Two Others Injured in Head-On Crash on Route 56 Bypass in Richland Township

Joseph S. Surgent Killed and Two Others Hospitalized in Crash on Route 56 Bypass

Joseph S. Surgent

Joseph S. Surgent, 31, Killed and Two Others Injured in Head-On Crash on Route 56 Bypass in Richland Township

Richland Township, Pennsylvania (July 25, 2017) – A 31-year-old man’s life was cut short early Sunday morning in a two-vehicle crash in Richland Township, as per a local news source.

Richland Township Police are investigating the crash which occurred at 1:20 a.m. Sunday, July 23 on the Route 56 bypass.

Joseph S. Surgent, a resident of Johnstown, was killed when his vehicle collided head-on with another along a one-way westbound stretch of the road.

Surgent died at the scene after sustaining fatal injuries. An autopsy confirmed that he had sustained multiple blunt force injuries in the accident. Police said that he was not wearing a seatbelt when the accident occurred and was partially ejected from his vehicle. The other car had two occupants, an unidentified driver, and a child. They were both injured and were taken to Conemaugh Memorial  Medical Center for the treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.

The report did not indicate who was traveling in the wrong direction.

Westbound lanes of Route 56 were closed for several hours following the crash.

Losing a loved one is saddening especially if the death was caused by a negligent party. When you are faced with such a situation, feel free to contact a wrongful death attorney at (888) 208-1810. At Edelstein Martin & Nelson – Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia we have experienced attorneys who will fight to ensure you receive a fair compensation.


Joseph S. Surgent, 31, Killed and Two Others Injured in Head-On Crash on Route 56 Bypass in Richland Township syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com

A government agency tricked the Defense Department into handing over $1.2 million in weapons to fake police

Ferguson Cops

To test just how easy it is for cops to get high-tech military equipment, a government agency asked for more than $1.2 million in weapons by pretending to be a fake law enforcement agency — and got it, according to a report published last week.

The Government Accountability Office, the agency tasked with overseeing government abuse, made up a fictitious agency website and address to ask the Department of Defense for more than a million dollars in military equipment.

They received the equipment, which included night-vision goggles, M-16A2 rifles and pipe bomb equipment, from a military warehouse in less than a week.

“They never did any verification, like visit our ‘location,’ and most of it was by email,” Zina Merritt, director of the GAO’s defense capabilities and management team, told The Marshall Project. “It was like getting stuff off of eBay.”

After receiving the weapons, the GAO recommended more tightly regulating transfer of military equipment and conducting a risk assesment test in order to prevent real-life fraud.

The DoD agreed to better monitor transfer of equipment by physically visiting the location of the agency and conducting a fraud assessment in 2018, according to the report.

But Jim Pasco, executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police, told the Marshall Project that cases of possible fraud should not be used as a knock against the program.

“It suggests only that the U.S. military is one of the world’s largest bureaucracies and as such is going to have some lapses in material control,” he said.

GAO’s investigation into the transfer of military equipment came after public outrage over the equipment carried by Ferguson police during protests over the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in 2014, according to TMP.

SEE ALSO: Baltimore is reviewing 100 cases after video leaks appearing to show police planting drug evidence

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW WATCH: Watch Russia’s newest fighter jet in action — the MiG-35

A government agency tricked the Defense Department into handing over $1.2 million in weapons to fake police syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com

Baltimore is reviewing 100 cases after video leaks appearing to show police planting drug evidence

Body Cameras

After body camera footage appeared to show a Baltimore cop planting drug evidence in order to make an arrest, more than 100 cases involving videos of the officers involved in the incident will be reviewed, CNN reported Thursday.

Last week, Baltimore’s State Attorney’s Office launched an investigation into a body camera video appearing to show a police officer putting a bag with pills into a can and then covering it up with debris as two other officers watched.

After investigators reviewed more than 10 body camera videos from the incident, they announced plans to review videos from 100 more cases involving at least one of the three officers shown in the original video.

“My team has been working around the clock to ensure a thorough evaluation of each and every case,” Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby told reporters in a conference.

 

While the officer in the video has denied planting the drugs during cross-examination, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said investigators are looking into possible explanations for the footage.

“It’s certainly a possibility that we’re looking into to see if the officers in fact replaced drugs that they had already discovered in order to document their discovery with their body-worn cameras on,” he said.

Since the camera footage was made public, the officer shown with the bag in the video has been suspended while the two others were placed on administrative duty until the investigation concludes.

“This is a matter of public safety and we are laser-focused on this particular incident,” Mosby said.

SEE ALSO: NYPD set to roll out 1,200 additional body cameras around the city

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW WATCH: Watch Jared Kushner speak publicly for the first time since joining Trump’s administration

Baltimore is reviewing 100 cases after video leaks appearing to show police planting drug evidence syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com

Kyree A. Custis, 26, and Male Passenger 31, Hospitalized in Camden Crash

Injuries Sustained in Camden Two-Car Accident at Thomas Harmon Drive 

Camden Two-Car Accident

Kyree A. Custis, 26, and Male Passenger 31, Hospitalized in Camden Crash

Camden, PA (July 23, 2017) – Two people were injured after a Smyrna man in a stolen car led police on a chase that ended in a crash in Camden Tuesday night, according to the police.

The police pursuit started at about 10:07 p.m. July 18, on U.S. Route 13 at South Governors Avenue, when a trooper saw a 2013 Toyota Prius traveling south on Route 13 that was stolen on May 22 from a residence in New Castle County.

The Toyota struck a red light at the intersection of Thomas Harmon Drive near the Camden Walmart. The Toyota was then hit on the passenger’s side by a 2016 Infiniti QX70. The Toyota stopped in the grass on the shoulder of the road south of the intersection.

Kyree A. Custis, 26, and a male passenger, 31, in the Toyota were injured and hospitalized in Bayhealth Kent General Hospital where they treated with non-life-threatening injuries and released. A Dover man, 40, driving the Infiniti was not injured.

Custis was taken into custody. The passenger in the Toyota wasn’t charged with any crimes.

The crash remained under an investigation.

If you’re involved in an accident that was caused by negligence, we recommend taking the incident to court. During the case, a personal injury lawyer can help protect your rights and help you navigate the complexities of negligence cases. A personal injury attorney will be able to pursue the best possible compensation for damages you experience, injuries, and other losses. At Edelstein Martin & Nelson – Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia, we have forty years of experience pursuing damages for our clients. If you’d like help with your personal injury case, give us a call at – 888-208-1810.


Kyree A. Custis, 26, and Male Passenger 31, Hospitalized in Camden Crash syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com

Male Pedestrian Hit and Killed at Roosevelt Boulevard and Harbison Street Crash

Man Hit and Killed in Philadelphia Auto-Pedestrian Crash

Philadelphia Auto-Pedestrian Crash

Male Pedestrian Hit and Killed at Roosevelt Boulevard and Harbison Street Crash

Northeast Philadelphia, PA (July 23, 2017) – A male pedestrian was hit and killed as he was crossing a street Friday afternoon in the Castor Section of Philadelphia, according to police.

The accident occurred at about 2:45 p.m. Friday, July 22 at Roosevelt Boulevard and Harbison Street.

The victim was taken to Frankford-Torresdale Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

The driver that hit the victim remained at the crash site.

The southbound inner lanes were closed at that time.

Little information regarding how the crash happened was available at that time.

The crash is still under an investigation by authorities.

The sudden loss of a loved one is a difficult time for any family, but it can be made even more difficult when someone else is responsible for your loss. During this time, there are many questions to be answered and a wide range of decisions that need to be made. Although nothing can bring back your loved one, our wrongful death attorneys at Edelstein Martin & Nelson – Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia can help seek justice for your loss and fight hard to hold the responsible party accountable. You can learn more about this process by speaking to one of our representatives today. Schedule a free consultation at – 888-208-1810.

 

 


Male Pedestrian Hit and Killed at Roosevelt Boulevard and Harbison Street Crash syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com

Sean Patrick Granger, 30, Victim of Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash on Schuylkill Expressway

Sean Patrick Granger Identified as Victim of Fairmount Park Crash on Schuylkill Expressway

Sean Patrick Granger

Sean Patrick Granger, 30, Victim of Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash on Schuylkill Expressway

Fairmount Park, Philly (July 23, 2017) – Police have identified a 30-year-old man who was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver Saturday night in Fairmount Park.

30-year-old Sean Patrick Granger of Douglassville was hit at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 22 on eastbound lanes of Schuylkill Expressway near Montgomery Drive off ramp.

Granger died at the scene after sustaining fatal injuries.

According to authorities, the suspect did not stop but fled the scene after the collision. The suspect vehicle was described as a late model, dark colored Nissan with damage to the front passenger side and the windshield.

Anyone with information about the crash is encouraged to contact police at 215-452-5216.

A family experiences difficult times if they lose a loved one. Although nothing can heal the pain of the loss of a loved one, our wrongful death attorneys will help you pursue justice for the loss of your family member. In the case of a wrongful death, we fight hard to make sure justice is served. You can learn more at a free consultation with one of our representatives at Edelstein Martin & Nelson – Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia by calling – 888-208-1810.

 


Sean Patrick Granger, 30, Victim of Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash on Schuylkill Expressway syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com

Man, 30, Killed in Hit-And-Run Crash on Schuylkill Expressway in Philadelphia

One Killed in Philadelphia Auto-Pedestrian Crash on Schuylkill Expressway

Philadelphia, PA( July 23, 2017): A-30 year-old man’s life was cut short Saturday night after he was hit by a vehicle in Philadelphia, a local news source reported.

Police said that the crash happened at 10:30 p.m. Saturday, on the eastbound lanes of Schuylkill Expressway near Montgomery Drive.

The man, whose identity has not yet been released, was hit and killed by an unidentified vehicle. The driver fled the scene after the crash.

Witnesses told police that the vehicle was a late model car and dark in color.

Anyone with information about the accident is asked to inform the police.

Losing someone you love can be a traumatic time. You will need to make numerous decisions. If your loved one was lost because of someone else’s negligence, you will need to make sure he or she did not die in vain, Even though nothing can bring your family member back, we have a personal injury attorney that will fight for you, so that you can receive compensation for your suffering. The person who was negligent will be held accountable for their actions. You can schedule a free consultation with Edelstein Martin & Nelson – Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia at – 888-208-1810. One of our friendly representatives can help you be familiar with the process.

 


Man, 30, Killed in Hit-And-Run Crash on Schuylkill Expressway in Philadelphia syndicated from https://lawpallc.wordpress.com